As a Senior Java Developer at SurePay, you will be involved in the further development and maintenance of our core product, the Confirmation of Payee solution, and new services such as the Switch Check or Pay-ID.
You will contribute directly to our mission: preventing payment fraud. Thanks to your efforts, our customers can check whether payments are made to the right person, which leads to making online payments safer.
What you’ll do at SurePay
- You will be working in a multi-disciplinary scrum team together with DevOps and QA Engineers. Development is mostly done in Java and Kotlin. Each scrum team has a Product Owner responsible for the backlog.
- You’ll work in an Agile environment and use only modern technologies.
- Together with the team you’ll make sure that our high quality in terms of algorithm, performance (3 billion checks with an average response time of 75ms) and availability (> 99.99%) is maintained.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years experience with Java;
- A Bachelor Degree or higher;
- Knowledge of AWS, Kotlin, Microservices, CI/CD, Elastic, TDD, BDD;
- You are familiar with an Agile way of working;
- You are familiar with API’s and various scripting languages;
- Your English language skills are fluent;
- You are proactive, inventive and positively critical.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary
- MacBook Pro, Iphone and the necessary appliances
- 8% holiday allowance
- 8% personal benefit budget which you could spend on extra (20!) holiday days, salary or training
- Travel costs compensation
- 25 holiday days
- Pension plan
- Flexible working hours and hybrid work environment
- An ambitious, fast growing company with 30+ nationalities in the team
- We offer a full relocation package for international candidates. This includes visa support, 30% ruling application, flights, assistance in finding a house, etc.
- First call with the Recruiter: time to get better introduced
- First interview with the CTO and/or team members: diving into the role & culture of the company
- Tech assessment: this is the moment to show us what you’ve got!
- Technical interview
- Offer time: celebrating to have you on board soon!
Screening is part of the procedure before joining our team.
- Founded in 2016
- ± 95 employees
- 30+ nationalities
- 1 office
- Flat organisation
- (Business) Casual
- Average age: 36
SurePay makes payments easier, more personal and even more secure. We are a fast-growing FinTech SaaS company and have secured our Series A funding in September 2021. SurePay stems from an innovation program of Rabobank, started in July 2016 and has been an independent BV since the beginning of 2020. SurePay is being backed by three leading investors, Rabo Frontier Ventures, Connected Capital and Iris Capital.
As we continue to evolve and grow, we're working hard to scale further in Europe while continuing to build our talented and driven team. Currently, we're working according to agile methodologies with 5 scrum teams and a business team made up of various disciplines.
You might know us from our leading product, the IBAN-Name Check, also known internationally as Confirmation of Payee. It's used by millions of people on a daily basis and is incorporated into payment platforms of banks, corporates and governmental bodies throughout the Netherlands and the UK. We recently also connected to France, meaning we have started providing cross-border checks. We are planning to continue expanding within Europe, bringing our mission of preventing fraud and misdirected payments. Not only are we entering new markets, but also growing our services and product offering through continuous innovation.
SurePay's core values are; We Care, Build Together, Think Forward and Be Responsible. These core values are the driver's of our culture and can be seen as guidelines on our beliefs and behaviour. It defines what we find important as a company and the way we work together everyday.
- We Care: We are a supportive employer and understand that health, family and safety is what really matters. We care about our employees, customers, partners and end-users. Therefore we value creating a safe workspace where everybody can be their authentic self and where we, together, work on the same mission to provide safer payments.
- Build Together: We believe in teamwork and strive towards the best results together with employees and customers. Our diversity, both personal and professional, is one of our key strengths.
- Think Forward: We are frontrunners and are on top of our game. Our customers can rely on innovative solutions to service their current and future needs. With a problem solving mindset, we anticipate challenges and adapt to a fast changing environment.
- Be Responsible: We all contribute to reaching our mission of reducing fraud and misdirected payments, leading to a positive impact on society. We take responsibility, show ownership and make honest decisions.
- Meer informatie