SurePay has been a cloud native company since we began back in the early days of 2016. With our infrastructure hosted on Amazon Web Services, security has always been a top priority.
As a high volume transactional application, we process millions of requests on a daily basis that confirm a match between account names and iban numbers. As you can imagine, it is of the highest importance that we keep this personal data safe and secure.
As the Cloud Security Engineer at SurePay, you’ll support our five engineering teams by continuously enhancing the level of security for our AWS production environment. Everything we do at SurePay should be done with security and privacy in mind. We aim to educate and enable teams to follow our security processes and act in such a way that our data, environment and overall security of our solution is never compromised.
Our current security team is three people strong, consisting of a Compliance & Risk Manager and two Security Officers, who also work closely with our DevOps colleagues.
To strengthen the team and cope with our growing IT department we’re looking for a Cloud Security Engineer to help protect our company, customers and society as a whole. If this sounds like a challenge for you then keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Your initial goal is to get an overview of our current SaaS solution and from there aim to continuously improve everything from a security perspective.
- The solutions created by our engineering teams need to be robust and conform to our security standards. As Cloud Security Engineer you will guide the teams to ensure proper designs and coding standards are implemented.
- You will investigate, create, and recommend technologies in the security area like threat detection or SIEM type systems.
- Assessment of new features and reviewing of new policies.
- Keeping security threats closely monitored and recorded, and mitigating the chance of these threats becoming a real issue.
What you’ll need:
- Extensive experience with AWS, Hardening and secure development standards
- Experience in particular with AWS Cloudformation, AWS CDK, AWS ECS.
- Experience working with object oriented languages (we use Java) and scripting languages (Bash, Python,…).
- Experience working in DevOps and DevSecOps culture.
- Experience with Docker running on Linux
- Experience in configuring and monitoring security tools (e.g., MDRs, EDRs. etc)
- Familiarity with OWASP best practices
- Willingness to participate in on-call rotation to provide infrastructure support, incident management, and troubleshooting
- Ability to perform automation using Terraform/ Docker, and any other CI tools (e.g. Jenkins, Gitlab etc.)
- You have previously worked in SaaS organizations
- Familiarity and experience working with ISO27001, PCI-DSS, or similar
- Interface with production engineers to champion and ensure adoption of security standards and remediate security gaps
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- MacBook Pro, Iphone and the necessary appliances
- 8% holiday allowance
- 8% personal benefit budget which you could spend on extra (20!) holiday days, additional salary or training
- Travel costs compensation
- 25 holiday days
- Pension plan
- Flexible working hours and hybrid work environment
- An ambitious, fast growing company with 30+ nationalities in the team
- We offer a full relocation package for international candidates. This includes visa support, 30% ruling application, flights, assistance in finding a house, etc.
- Founded in 2016
- ± 95 employees
- 30+ nationalities
- 1 office
- Flat organisation
- (Business) Casual
- Average age: 36
SurePay makes payments easier, more personal and even more secure. We are a fast-growing FinTech SaaS company and have secured our Series A funding in September 2021. SurePay stems from an innovation program of Rabobank, started in July 2016 and has been an independent BV since the beginning of 2020. SurePay is being backed by three leading investors, Rabo Frontier Ventures, Connected Capital and Iris Capital.
As we continue to evolve and grow, we're working hard to scale further in Europe while continuing to build our talented and driven team. Currently, we're working according to agile methodologies with 5 scrum teams and a business team made up of various disciplines.
You might know us from our leading product, the IBAN-Name Check, also known internationally as Confirmation of Payee. It's used by millions of people on a daily basis and is incorporated into payment platforms of banks, corporates and governmental bodies throughout the Netherlands and the UK. We recently also connected to France, meaning we have started providing cross-border checks. We are planning to continue expanding within Europe, bringing our mission of preventing fraud and misdirected payments. Not only are we entering new markets, but also growing our services and product offering through continuous innovation.
SurePay's core values are; We Care, Build Together, Think Forward and Be Responsible. These core values are the driver's of our culture and can be seen as guidelines on our beliefs and behaviour. It defines what we find important as a company and the way we work together everyday.
- We Care: We are a supportive employer and understand that health, family and safety is what really matters. We care about our employees, customers, partners and end-users. Therefore we value creating a safe workspace where everybody can be their authentic self and where we, together, work on the same mission to provide safer payments.
- Build Together: We believe in teamwork and strive towards the best results together with employees and customers. Our diversity, both personal and professional, is one of our key strengths.
- Think Forward: We are frontrunners and are on top of our game. Our customers can rely on innovative solutions to service their current and future needs. With a problem solving mindset, we anticipate challenges and adapt to a fast changing environment.
- Be Responsible: We all contribute to reaching our mission of reducing fraud and misdirected payments, leading to a positive impact on society. We take responsibility, show ownership and make honest decisions.
- Meer informatie